Finaly, I managed to have a Cooking Saturday! I don't get to cook very often, but I like this kind of activity, especialy the experimental part of it. So, when I find a little time, I enjoy trying lots of recipies. Today's menu was: Chicken Paella.
I was dreaming about it since last year, when in Barcelona. After our departure from the Spanish lands, we realised we forgot something very important: we missed trying their special dish. So, today was the experimental cooking day. And look what it turned out.
For 4 people
- 500g cicken meat
- 250 g rice
- 300g green beans and dried beans
- 2 well chopped tomatoes
- 1l water/ chicken soup( of course, I forgot about the chicken soup and I used watter, and it's ok)
- 50 ml oil
- spices: salt, pepper, saffron( that is how I found out about this quite expensive spice, which can be used in cakes too), bay leaves
- First, fry the meat easily
- Add the green beans and the dried ones and fry togetter with the chicken
- After 5 minutes, add the watter and boil them for a while.
- Add the tomatoes and the rice in an uniform way, without mixing everything , to avoid the rice to stick on the pan.
- After 18 minutes everything should be ready and ready for serving.
PS: Pictures by me and Mihnea.